There are SO MANY exciting things coming up this spring for Patrick! The outpouring of generosity from friends, family, and complete strangers is astounding! I don’t want to spoil the fun by telling you all of what lies ahead, but there is one event that we can use your help with.
On May 1st, we’ll be having a benefit concert and silent auction. We’re pretty darn excited about the performer’s who’s coming. (Just for fun, all I’ll tell you now is that he’s a well-known local musician). We’ve already had some items donated to be auctioned including artwork, event tickets, and some amazing handmade items. We need your help finding enough to make this a great auction.
A silent auction is only limited by the imagination. Here are a few ideas:
1) Hotel stays, rental cabins or condos, restaurant gift certificates and other vacation or “night out” items.
2) Food gift baskets from bakeries, gourmet groceries, etc.
3) Personal services like hair styling, massage, manicures
4) Handmade items
5) Tickets to sporting events, plays, etc. (Know anyone who’s not using all of their season tickets this year?)
6) Household services such as carpet cleaning, gardening, car care
7) Recreation: Admission to theme parks, museums, golf course greens fees, ski lift passes, etc. Movie passes.
8) Themed gift baskets (For example, a basket of scrapbooking supplies, a collection of sporting goods, a basket of baby items, a collection of music or books, a basket of gardening supplies, etc.) Do you or someone you know sell or work for someone who sells items that they might want to donate?
9) Bigger individual items such as tools, fishing poles, golf clubs, etc.
10) Sports memorabilia (We’re requesting from local teams, but do you have any personal connections?), autographed books or music, etc.
This is just a handful of ideas. Really, the sky’s the limit.
Remember that all donations are tax-deductible. And, if needed, we can provide evidence of our 501(c)(3) status, donation-in-kind receipts, and anything else along those lines.
We need all donations by April 16th to give us time to get them ready for the auction. We’re also looking for volunteers to staff the auction and concert.
We’ll be sending more details about the event and how to buy tickets soon.
Thanks again for all that all of you do for our family!